Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pioneer Trek 2009-Crown Burger





The night before we began our journey home Jim and girls came by to say adios. We went to Crown Burger for dinner. If you haven't tried a Crown Burger while in SLC, you are missing out. I highly recommend them. We had Jackson who refused to sit in a high chair crawling all over the table. A soda got spilled and my brother Jim had a small meltdown. I saw my old friend George who owns the place and he gave the girls ice cream cones on our way out. Good times.


As a side note, I have eaten many hamburgers in my lifetime. It seems like when I go home I eat more than usual. For those of you planning a trip to Utah, I would like to share my favorite hamburger places in Utah, rated on a scale where 5 is REALLY GOOD and 1 is AWESOME.

1. In N Out- You might be saying to yourself, that there isn't an In N Out in Utah but I heard that there is one in St. George. So, if there is one, then the In N Out wins this constest, hands down.

2. Hires-Next to In N Out, the Hires Big H is the best hamburger out there. Sometimes I think it might even beat In N out but, for now, I'm putting it in the #2 position.

3. Crown Burger- They put pastrami on the actual crown burger and I don't like pastrami so I just order the cheeseburger. Very delicious.

4. Five Guys, Burger and Fries- I ate there for the first time this trip and I LOVED IT. No wonder Barak Obama goes there for lunch. There is a long list of things you can order on your burger and you don't even have to pay extra. They also tell you where in Idaho their fresh french fries came from that day. I don't know about you, but I always like to know where my fries came from.

5. Training Table- Training table has always been one of my favorite places to eat since college. How cool is it to pick up a phone at your table and order your meal? The mushroom swiss burger is SO GOOD! If you ever order it, ask them to cut it in half because it's very messy eating. Also, if you like fries, they have the BEST fries and mayo-barbeque dipping sauce ever.

1 comments:

The blogging Bakers said...

I definitely have to agree with you about eating more. I am so glad they don't sell fry sauce here because I would be eating fries everyday. I love that stuff. Glad you made it home safely.