Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Pioneer Trek 2009








I sort of felt like a modern day Pioneer as I loaded up my Honda Pilot to make the 700 mile trek across the desert to Salt Lake City, Utah. We kissed Lance good-by and started off. Since I moved to Los Angeles 10 years ago, I haven't had the opportunity to drive to Utah and back in a car with three kids, by myself. It wasn't too bad on the way there. Jackson didn't scream that much, unless he was awake. We met up with with Lance's sisters Jamie and Jill who were also driving to Utah without their husbands so I wasn't afraid of blowing a tire or having engine trouble. The only semi-scary incident was in Fillmore where Rachel stepped into a mud and hornet infested patch of grass. Luckily, she didn't get stung, just dirty. We finally made it to my mom's house and I was SO GLAD to be home at last. I hope that is the closest thing to a pioneer trek that I ever have to experience. We had a fun-filled two weeks and then loaded up again and drove back to Los Angeles, this time with my mom with us to help ease the pain. The following posts chronicle our adventures.

1 comments:

Pyatt said...

I love that you call it the pioneer trek!! Dave kept referring to it as a vacation...and I kept reminding him that it was a trip!! Glad your "trip" was fun and hopefully we'll see you guys again soon!