Tuesday, December 2, 2008

WAAAAAAAAAAA.......

I finally hit the wall. Jackson can no longer decide when to take a nap, how many times he would like to eat during the night, and if he wants to be gently rocked to sleep and put softly into his crib only to roll over, wake, start crying and demand to be picked up. THAT'S IT! I've had it and I am going to take charge. After close to 11 months of waking up 4 times (or more) every night, I am ready for some tough love. It is 10:00 am and I just put Jackson into his crib, awake, for his morning nap. I'll keep you posted.....

10:15: Screaming Bloody Murder
10:30: Crying and Gagging
10:45: Screaming Bloody Murder
10:50: Phone call to Shannon for moral support. She reassures me that Jackson will survive this.
11:00: Screaming
11:15: Wailing pitifully
11:30: I open the door to see what's going on, Jackson is standing up in his crib. I say "night night Jackson" and shut the door, which elicits more SCREAMING
11:45: suddenly it is quiet for 10 seconds, then CRYING AGAIN
12:00 Jackson is finally asleep.

Do you think he will hate me when he wakes up? Let the chips fall where they may but PLEASE let him sleep for at least 2 hours.

3 comments:

CL said...

Aimee, you poor thing! I am sorry. That is so frustrating. Your baby just loves you too much! And don't worry, he will still love you when he wakes up. He probably won't even remember what happened.

The blogging Bakers said...

ok you have truly inspired me. I am also tired of waking up all night with a baby in the crook of my arm. If only I could sleep as well as my arm does with Luke laying on it.

Pyatt said...

Seriously...I'm envious...Mackenzie needs some sleep training...maybe that is how you can make your millions get all the sleep deprived moms to pay megabucks to learn how to get the babies to sleep...you could be the baby whisperer...