Monday, December 29, 2008

Santa's THE MAN




We have now joined the millions of Americans who own Wii and Guitar Hero World Tour. My kids can now invite friends over to numb their young minds in my very own living room. There is now no need for them to go to their room and actually use their imaginations to play together. So, yes, I caved. I allowed Santa to bring a video game system into my home. I have to admit that Guitar Hero is pretty fun. Although, if I have to listen to "Barracuda" or "Slow Ride" one more time, I just might have to poke holes in my own eardrums.

After this CRAZY year filled with new baby stuff, sleep deprivation, stock market crashes, recessions and gloom and doom, I feel grateful to have been able to celebrate Christmas with family and friends, to have a warm (albeit ugly) apartment to live in, food to eat and paychecks coming in regularly. I know that so many Americans don't have these necessities and luxuries at this time. I feel grateful to have the freedom to celebrate this holiday the way we choose and for the reasons we choose. And last, I am grateful that in less than a month we can say GOODBYE and GOOD RIDDANCE to Geroge W. Bush, hopefully forever.

2 comments:

Pyatt said...

Dude I want you to write my blogs...yours are way funny!! I love it and I know that Guitar Hero was on all day at Grandpa's house today!!

Aimee said...

HEY DUDET you know were reading this blog.

Love rachel