Sunday, November 7, 2010

Vasquez Rocks









We took the kids to Vasquez Rocks, a county park about 20 miles from our house. We took a picnic lunch and did a little light hiking after that. The kids LOVED IT. Jackson was so cute. He kept saying "I like this place Mommy!" over and over. We tried hiking to the top but I got too scared with the kids so we got to the top, almost. The climb down was a bit trickier than the way up. I guess we have deprived our kids of having an outdoorsy lifestyle with my strict "NO CAMPING" policy. Maybe we should make a few exceptions??? We'll have to see if I can find any campgrounds with showers, flush toilets and beds.

3 comments:

Pyatt said...

I love that you guys went HIKING!! pretty soon you'll be backpacking in the woods building your own latrines!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH MOM WE COULDN'T EVEN GO 2 THE TOP!!!!!!!!

The blogging Bakers said...

Those are cute pictures! You will have to take us there when we move up there!